Who should I contact for assistance? (1994b)
Contact The Carrier: For any technical issues (connection quality, unable to connect, or lost minutes) please contact the carrier's customer support. View a list of customer support numbers.
Contact 1st-USA.com: For questions about products, PIN delivery, phone orders or billing contact us. You may also contact us if a technical matter has not been resolved by the carrier's customer support department. Although we are unable to directly resolve card performance issues, we are happy to assist in resolving them whenever possible.
Send Us an Email
or call us toll free at 1-866-290-3083 Monday - Friday from 7am - 6pm PST, and Sat & Sun from 8am - 6pm PST.
Habla EspaÃ±ol 1-866-290-3083 .
What is your company's history? (bcc87)
1st-USA.com has been serving customers on the Internet since 1997. We began as a family business and have grown to become one of the largest online phone card merchants. We believe our growth has been fueled by a simple commitment: to sell reliable phone cards that offer discount rates and deliver the minutes they promise. We back that up with a convenient order process, whether by Web or phone, and friendly customer support.
This formula has resulted in our selling more than a million phone cards to tens of thousands of customers. We are particularly proud that customer loyalty, through repeat orders and recommendations to friends, has been an important element of our success.
We have been helped, too, by a large network of productive affiliates and a record of innovation. We were one of the first Web sites to offer instant PIN phone card delivery by e-mail, and our World Traveler cardwhich allows you to call back to the United States from more than 130 countrieswas a pioneer in the international origination market.
In addition to our retail trade we offer wholesale discounts on selected cards.
I only made one purchase, but my debit/credit card statement shows multiple charges to my account. (JRCEV)
We will only ever capture funds in the amount of your order. The additional transactions represent holds placed on your account by your credit/debit card company
for aborted transaction attempts, but we will not capture the funds. We are not able to remove these holds or even effectively request their removal, but they will automatically expire, generally within 3 to 5 business days. Please contact your credit/debit card company to discuss.
Since we know this can be a frustrating circumstance for those unable to access their funds or available credit, we're happy to explain what's going on. Each time a credit card payment is attempted one of three things can happen.
- First, the payment can be declined outright, because the purchase would exceed your daily purchase limit for example. In that case, nothing should show on your account and the purchase will not go through.
- Second, the payment might be approved without reservation. In that case the purchase will proceed and the funds will be transferred from your credit/debit account to us.
- It is the third circumstance which can create problems. Sometimes the credit/debit card company will approve a transaction and place a hold on your account but also indicate that there are serious problems with the transaction. A very common case is a mismatched address. The addresses customers supply sometimes do not match the ones on file with their credit/debit card companies, perhaps because they recently moved or made a typing error. Sometimes, we can safely overlook address mismatches and proceed as though nothing were wrong, but much of the time we decide not to capture the funds since a mismatched address is a strong indication of fraud. (People who use stolen credit cards often do not know the address of the card holder.) Even when we choose not to capture the funds, the hold will remain on your account until it expires, in 3 to 30 days as stated previously. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to hasten expiration. Contact your credit/debit card company to determine how long the hold will remain in place.
You can do a few things to avoid unwanted holds on your account.
- Always ensure that your debit/credit card company knows your current mailing address.
- When making online purchases, enter the address on file with your credit/debit card company exactly as it appears on your monthly statements.
- The Credit Card Security Code (https://www.speedypin.com/cvv_where.htm) must also be entered exactly as it appears on your card. Since it can sometimes rub off, it's a good idea to write it down somewhere when you receive a new card.
If you are certain you entered your address correctly, but your payment is still being rejected, stop trying with that credit/debit card. Additional attempts might result in more unwanted holds. Instead, try a different card if you have one or call our helpful customer support staff who can often process payments that our website rejects.